To be considered for a Tinker Institutional Grant, a proposal must be submitted by an organizational entity with 501(c)3 charitable status or its equivalent, if the organization is based outside the United States. Not-for-profit organizations based outside the U.S. are eligible for funding as long as they meet certain guidelines for charitable status. The project/program for which funding is sought must be geographically focused on Latin America.
The Foundation will not consider requests for:
- annual fund-raising appeals for organizations such as the United Way;
- support for building construction or major equipment purchases;
- individual research;
- funding of health or medical issues;
- production costs for film, television and radio projects;
- arts and humanities projects including art museum collections and exhibits; or
Note: The Foundation will not consider new funding requests from an organization until previously funded projects have been completed and the final reports have been received and approved.