To be considered for a Tinker Institutional Grant, a request must be submitted by an organization with 501(c)(3) charitable status or its equivalent, if the organization is based outside the United States.
The project/program for which funding is sought must be geographically focused on Latin America. The project must fall under one of follwing program areas: Education, Democratic Governance or Sustainable Resource Management.
The Foundation will not consider requests for:
- annual fund-raising appeals for organizations such as the United Way;
- support for building construction or major equipment purchases;
- individual research;
- funding of health or medical issues;
- production costs for film, television and radio projects;
- arts and humanities projects, including art museum collections and exhibits; or
The elgibilty criteria questions, to be answered when beginning your inquiry, will determine if your inquiry will proceed in the consideration process in order to complete the request.
Note: If your organization has an open grant, the Foundation will not consider a new funding request from an organization until the funded project has been completed and the final reports have been received and approved.