Each year, distinguished scholars and practitioners from Latin America and Iberia serve as Tinker Visiting Professors in five major universities in the United States. The Foundation endowed these Professorships at Columbia University, Stanford University, University of Chicago, the University of Texas at Austin, and the University of Wisconsin-Madison to enhance the experience and training of students and fellow scholars.
Tinker Visiting Professors have represented a wide range of disciplines, including historians, writers, artists, and scientists. The fostering of cross-cultural and cross-disciplinary ties between scholars has resulted in numerous innovative projects across the campuses.
For more information and to view the list of current and former Professors, please contact the Latin American Studies Center at the host institutions:
- Columbia University, Institute of Latin American Studies
- Stanford University, Center for Latin American Studies
- University of Chicago, Center for Latin American Studies
- University of Texas at Austin, Teresa Lozano Long Institute of Latin American Studies
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, Latin American, Caribbean and Iberian Studies Program